The District is not accepting applications at this time.
The following guidelines have been provided to assist you with important information about LWD’s recruitment process.
1. A District application must be completed. The application is one of the most important screening tools used by the District and is the applicant's primary method of illustrating his/her qualifications. Applications must be filled out completely and clearly show that the minimum qualifications are met. False statements, as well as failure to disclose requested information, will be cause for disqualification, removal from an eligibility list or discharge from employment. All statements made on the application are subject to investigation and verification, and applicants may be required to provide documentary evidence of certificates, degrees, training, experience, licenses or educational credits.
2. If the position requires a supplemental questionnaire and required responses are not included, the application will be determined incomplete and may not be considered.
3. Applications and related materials will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on the closing date or the date indicated on the job posting announcement.
4. Applicants must re-submit an application for each position for which they are applying. Applications shall only be accepted during a recruitment period for the designated position.
5. All positions require a valid California Drivers License. Your driving record must demonstrate ability to legally and safely operate a vehicle while performing District business without restrictions. The District may impose additional requirements on applicants who may be required to operate a District vehicle in connection with their position.
6. All application materials will be evaluated based on related experience and education. Those applicants who best match the requirements for the position will be invited to continue in the selection process, which may consist of an oral panel interview and/or written evaluation of experience and education and/or other appropriate testing techniques which may include performance tests as required. The District makes reasonable accommodations for the disabled. If candidates require special arrangements to participate in the interview process, they should state their needs when invited to participate in an oral panel interview.
7. Final applicants must successfully pass a background check investigation and may be required to submit documentation establishing qualifications.
8. Final applicants will be required to take and pass a drug screen urinalysis test and pre-placement physical. A positive test will disqualify an applicant from employment if it indicates abuse of illegal drugs or improper use of prescription drugs. Applicants who refuse to submit to a drug screen will also be disqualified from employment.
9. Candidates are cautioned not to quit or give notice to present employers until they have received an offer of employment and have successfully qualified on the pre-employment physical, drug screen examination and background investigation.
10. The provisions of the job announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provisions in the job announcement may be modified or revoked without notice.
11. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all new employees must verify personal identity and entitlement to work in the United States by providing required documentation.
12. All LWD employees are at-will pursuant to California Water Code, Section 71362.