Administrative Specialist I
Leucadia Wastewater District
invites applicants for the position of:
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST I
SALARY: $28.38 - $35.47 hourly
JOB TYPE: Full Time – Administrative position
LOCATION: 1960 La Costa Avenue, Carlsbad, California
OPENING DATE: January 7, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 7, 2022 at 4:30PM
Leucadia Wastewater District is an independent special district, located in Carlsbad, CA that provides wastewater collection services to the Leucadia and Village Park area of Encinitas and the La Costa area of Carlsbad. Our mission is to serve the public by collecting, transporting, recycling and treating wastewater in a safe, reliable, efficient, cost effective and environmentally responsible manner, while providing excellent service to our customers.
We are looking for a full-time Administrative Specialist I to join our high performing and award-winning team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a positive can-do attitude, have excellent customer service skills, be team-oriented, be competent at multi-tasking, and have excellent time management skills.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under direct supervision, the Administrative Specialist is responsible for providing sustained professional support to the administrative and field services departments of the District.
- Customer service focused with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with the public, vendors and employees in a courteous, tactful and diplomatic manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to demonstrate basic software skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome customers and visitors and monitors visitor access
- Operate a multiline phone system, answering incoming phone calls and directing callers to appropriate personnel or department
- Assist with preparation of agenda items, policies, procedure manuals, and request for proposals/bids and budgetary documents
- Perform record management duties
- Maintain the meeting calendar and assist with meeting preparation
- Maintain office supplies and monitor office equipment
- Assist with Human Resources, Accounting and Public Outreach duties
- Operate office equipment
- Must be able to run errands
For the full job description, please visit our website’s job descriptions page: https://www.lwwd.org/departments/human-resources/job-descriptions
To be considered a candidate, please complete the application and supplemental questionnaire available at www.lwwd.org/employment-application . Please submit the application and supplemental questionnaire to our office by February 7, 2022 at 4:30PM.
DISTRICT OFFICE LOCATION:
1960 La Costa Avenue
Carlsbad, CA 92009
Attention: Trisha Hill, Administrative Services Supervisor
The following guidelines have been provided to assist you with important information about LWD’s recruitment process.
1. A District application must be completed. The application is one of the most important screening tools used by the District and is the applicant's primary method of illustrating his/her qualifications. Applications must be filled out completely and clearly show that the minimum qualifications are met. False statements, as well as failure to disclose requested information, will be cause for disqualification, removal from an eligibility list or discharge from employment. All statements made on the application are subject to investigation and verification, and applicants may be required to provide documentary evidence of certificates, degrees, training, experience, licenses or educational credits.
2. If the position requires a supplemental questionnaire and required responses are not included, the application will be determined incomplete and may not be considered.
3. Applications and related materials will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on the closing date or the date indicated on the job posting announcement.
4. Applicants must re-submit an application for each position for which they are applying. Applications shall only be accepted during a recruitment period for the designated position.
5. All positions require a valid California Drivers License. Your driving record must demonstrate ability to legally and safely operate a vehicle while performing District business without restrictions. The District may impose additional requirements on applicants who may be required to operate a District vehicle in connection with their position.
6. All application materials will be evaluated based on related experience and education. Those applicants who best match the requirements for the position will be invited to continue in the selection process, which may consist of an oral panel interview and/or written evaluation of experience and education and/or other appropriate testing techniques which may include performance tests as required. The District makes reasonable accommodations for the disabled. If candidates require special arrangements to participate in the interview process, they should state their needs when invited to participate in an oral panel interview.
7. Final applicants must successfully pass a background check investigation and may be required to submit documentation establishing qualifications.
8. Final applicants will be required to take and pass a drug screen urinalysis test and pre-placement physical. A positive test will disqualify an applicant from employment if it indicates abuse of illegal drugs or improper use of prescription drugs. Applicants who refuse to submit to a drug screen will also be disqualified from employment.
9. Candidates are cautioned not to quit or give notice to present employers until they have received an offer of employment and have successfully qualified on the pre-employment physical, drug screen examination and background investigation.
10. The provisions of the job announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provisions in the job announcement may be modified or revoked without notice.
11. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all new employees must verify personal identity and entitlement to work in the United States by providing required documentation.
12. All LWD employees are at-will pursuant to California Water Code, Section 71362.